University Hospital North Tees provides acute care services for North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust. The hospital has 563 beds and provides urgent and emergency care services. It has a workforce of approximately 5500 staff and serves a population of around 400,000 in Hartlepool, Stockton and parts of County Durham. The trust also provides services in a number of community facilities across the areas supported, including Peterlee Community Hospital and the One Life Centre, Hartlepool.
What we’ve been doing
- Patient identification – All in-patient wristbands are 100% GS1 compliant, including Neonates.
- Location numbering – 100% of Trusts locations have Global Location Numbers (GLNs).
- Catalogue management – The Trust has adopted a new catalogue management solution, called The EDGE, from VirtualStock. This is part of a focused drive to design-out process inefficiencies both within the hospital and its wider supply base and to deliver a radical step-change in system interoperability.
- Product recall – Standard operating procedure completed for product recall.
- Purchase to Pay – Cardea P2P GLN and GTIN in user acceptance testing, PEPPOL access point selected, also Procurement policy completed.
- Inventory Management – Standard operating procedure and policy completed, roll out plan in place to manage inventory across all Trust departments, android scanners in user acceptance testing, Produced Genesis roll out plan.
Our Next Steps
- Carry on with Trust engagement, and training using simulation room and commence patient awareness
- 100% GLN physical allocation to location
- Events planning – Planned Regional Nurses Event during April
- Continue roll out Inventory Management plan
If you are a supplier to our Trust, we have published a timetable of the key milestones we are encouraging our suppliers to meet to adopt GS1 and PEPPOL standards.